Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's March, so get MAD!

Really looking forward to March Madness this year. It's an annual tradition here at my office--we get everyone in the office (and some who aren't) to fill out a bracket, and post them all on my wall. Then, as the games are played, my friend Mark and I highlight the winners and award points based on rounds, so for round 1, you get 1 point for a correct pick, round 2, 2 points, etc. You get the idea.

Last year's bracket was an absolute mess (thank you very much, George Mason). I think the contest came down to the 15-year-old daughter of one of our staff, and a former college basketball player who fancied himself an "expert" on the game. Needless to say, the 15-year-old ended up winning the whole shebang.

So as not to give anything away (to my Hillsdale friends who read this blog, despite the intermittent updates), I won't be posting my picks or even my leanings here until after the tournament has already started. Sorry. But feel free to post your picks in my comments section!

2 comments:

Jess said...

So things are getting crazy down in Lawrence as we head into the Big 12 Tournament today (though KU doesn't play until tomorrow)! We actually have a TV in our firm conference room and it will be on for the next two days. Yep, people are bball crazy down here. And no one can wait until the Big Dance itself starts. It should be a good year to be a KU fan! :)

ldmiller said...

Our we talking about the men's or women's brackets. I am still going back-and-forth between Maryland and Duke, which is so difficult to call in the women's bracktets. I can't wait for Selection Monday!