Thursday, January 25, 2007

Rolled Cigarettes

After a satisfying meal, and a couple of even more satisfying games of pool, slight confusion ensued as to what would be happening next. Things get a little fuzzy for me at this point--we ended up heading over to the local market in order to get refreshments for our night on the town, but Lucas, Kim and many of the other folks from the Hunt Club headed somewhere else, leaving me, Tony, J and Allie to pick through the offerings at Broad Street Market.

Feeling curiously overdressed in the market, I settled for a SoBe and a small bottle of Bicardi, as well as 2-liter of Coke (a decision that would later prove disatarous for Tony) and the others got their beverages of choice. The SoBe was a classic choice, recommended by J --I had to wipe a tear of nostalgia from my eye as we paid for our purchases. Oh, and after I expressed to Tony the fact that I had never seen a rolled cigarette before, he immediately picked up a pack of what looked like chewing tobacco and some papers. Of course, we both didn't think to pick up any filters, the end result of which when I woke the next morning, I ended up sounding like a scratchier, hoarser version of James Earl Jones--perfect for singing bass in the alumni choir the next day. Yikes.

Thus fortified, we headed over to Niedfelt and Simpson to continue our journey back in time, and to see if Lucas would be joining us on our "fogies night out."

Next time: A Ten-Foot Tall Bonfire and Five Seconds . . . of Fury

No comments: