Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Five minutes of fame

Ok, I've promised myself I'll spend five minutes a day updating this little blog, and see where it gets me. The clock is ticking . . .

Hope you like the new look. I've had to upgrade to keep up with the "Tonys" and "Lucases" of the world. If you don't like it, drop me a comment or something and I'll get busy ignoring you right away! Seriously though, if you see something egregious on this site (besides the delay in posting!) let me know and I'll try to make it better.

Ok, when I left you last year, I was promising an update about the Homecoming experience, version 2006. Well, after I eagerly packed up all of the stuff I would need for Homecoming (read: an extra shirt and pants, because you never know what Tony's going to borrow), I waited on the front porch to see which of my friends would be picking me up to cart me up to Hillsdale. Lo and behold, a battered little car with Massachusetts plates pulled up, carrying not one, not two, but three very good friends from college--albeit one of them was laying down in the back seat so I couldn't see him.

Yep, J, Tony and Jacob had arrived. After a quick tour of our house (still new to us, at that point), and after Tony made instant friends with my daughter by making weird faces at her and being really loud (little girls love Tony--insert your own joke here), we were off on a funky adventure, one that promised to be interesting, at worst, and downright criminal, at best.

Of course, as the people in the car had collectively already driven for the equivalent of at least 24 hours straight, I drove.

Next time: Hunt Club Memories and Rolled Cigarettes

1 comment:

KI said...

YAY! So good to see an update, BG -- and I am STOKED that you are spinning Imogen Heap. I'm a huge fan :-) If you like her, pick yourself up a copy of the latest from Neko Case -- I'm going to see her in concert in a month! Anyway, hugs to M & E :-)