Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Five seconds of Fury . . . continued

After arriving at the de-facto Phi Mu Alpha house (not the renegade Mu Alpha house--I can't emphasize that enough), things settled down considerably. The remaining folks that were up--Jacob, me, Tony, J, Jason, and Carl--made for a pretty quiet bunch, sitting around playing on Jacob's ukelele and guitar, talking, and basically enjoying each other's company. Then, the unthinkable happened.

For a reason that defies my memory to this day, one of the members of our little group took offense at something another member of the group said, did--something. I wasn't privy to everything that happened before hand, but the results of this person's five seconds of fury were a veritable explosion of Coca-Cola all over our guests' couch, other people's pants, and naturally, the floor as well. Though apologies were quickly uttered, and the incident never progressed beyond the "pouring drinks on one another" stage, it still sits uneasily in my memory, like a fat man on a unicycle.

The incident drained what little spirit was left out of our little band, and we retired to a cold night and a warm bed in Simpson. Actually, it was more like a warm air mattress for me.

Next: A Day at the Game and Further Thoughts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No mention of the beat down I gave you at Big Brain academy after the five seconds of fury? I will call you once I get my new phone; my old one suffered a series of misfortunes that finally rendered it into two pieces - not optimal for calling. Loving your new dedication to the blog!

BillG said...

Hey, I've gotta hold some tidbits back that aren't fit for general consumption, and that certainly qualifies.

Looking forward to your call.